Monday, March 12, 2012

More on Action or Inquiry Research - Week 2 Reflection

The last 2 weeks have really enlightened me and increased my vocabulary to include action or inquiry research.  As I expressed earlier, the practice of "wondering" has been a part of my life for a very long time.  I am always interested in knowing "why" something is or how something works or how someone thinks.  Unfortunately, many of my friends and colleagues think I ask too many questions or that I ask questions with no real or easy answers.  Many times I am asked, "What difference does it make?"
I am surprised when I am asked that question, because the obvious answer (at least to me)  is "It could make a lot of difference. How do we know, if we don't ask?"

Much of our readings and the interviews of various educational leaders has allowed me to see how my natural 'wondering" can be used to implement change or open some controversial topics with the spirit of collaboration and not confrontation.  Also by using data and research to introduce new thoughts or viewpoints it can diffuse a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment