Sunday, June 10, 2012

Script for a digital story"Travel through tech time with a Baby Boomer"


Digital Story – Travel through tech time with a Baby Boomer
Slide 1 - It’s a brave new world…how did we get here?  Let’s travel back in time and I will tell you a story of my journey from the Land o’ Low Tech, through the land of Rising’ Tech and into the domain of NOW!
Slide 2- I was born to the post war era of 1946 – 1964. Our generation is called “the Baby Boomers”
Follow my migration across the great Technological Divide, be amazed (an amused) as I cross Generation X and Y and Generation Next and encounter their offspring, Generation Net.
Slide 5- My daddy had “car phone” in his truck.  The truck horn would honk when his boss was calling him!
Slide 6 - We had one phone in our house, but children were not allowed to use it
Slide 7 - We shared a phone line with 4 other families – a party line! 
Slide 13 - I did my first data input on one of these
Slide 15 - We had to learn a language called “DOS”
Slide 19 - There was a lot of money made by programmers and scammers alike! But we survived….and technology thrived.
Slide 21 -At our in service, there was not a computer in sight
But now….
Slide 22 - Technology….
Slide 23 - Is changing….
Slide 24- ….how we teach and learn!
Slide 25 - “What lies ahead for this Boomer? Stay tuned for the sequel, “The next 50 years”

No comments:

Post a Comment