Saturday, June 30, 2012

Web Conference 6-30-12

We had a large group of students on today's web conference.  I will venture a guess that many students were  "multitasking" during the conference.  Many questions were asked in the chat bar, that had already been answered by Dr. Abernathy.  It was as if, every student wanted the question answered directly to the individual student.  I would encourage students to give up the 30-45 minutes of their time to pay attention during the web conference.
Apparently, Dr. Abernathy was experiencing some technical difficulty today with the Adobe Connect software, and her web cam was not working.  However, for  the most part, audio was fine, and it was recorded.

Some student grumble about the web conferences, but I enjoy the 'one on one' experience, even if I do not participate in chat or ask questions.
Listening to the students and observing the professors' responses will help me grow in the area of distance learning.  I have aspirations of conducting distance learning courses in the future.  By observing as many of these conferences as I can, the experience will help me gain ideas of the "ideal" situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment